Earl Tommaso Piovene commissioned this sumptuous dwelling in 1514; some decades later it was restored and enlarged. Though some of its features are typical of Palladio – a central body with a front completed by a gable and two large colonnaded barchesse – its author is still uncertain. At the beginning of the Eighteenth century architect Francesco Muttoni intervened on the villa and designed the external changes with the main entrance, enriched with statues and wrought iron pieces, magnificient steps, Italian-style gardens. Also the large English-style garden is worth a visit, with its silent alleys, the grottos and century-old trees, indlucing big cedars of lebanon; it was designed by A. Piovene at the beginning of the Nineteenth century. Within this environmental context, the private oratory of San Girolamo, built in 1496, fits in perfectly.
Thiene e la Pedemontana Vicentina. Arte, colori e sapori dall’Astico al Brenta.
VISITED THE VILLA
Villa Piovene Porto Godi opening for extraordinary visits during the all year, by request only, for groups and individuals.
From May to September: by request in the morning, and from 2.30 pm to 7.00 pm in the afternoon.
March, April, October and November: by request in the morning, and from 2 pm to 5 pm in the afternoon.
Closed: 25 Dicember (Christmas), 26 Dicember (S. Stefano) and 1 January (New Year’s Day).
Garden and Park € 4,50
Address: Via Palladio, 51 – 36030 Lonedo di Lugo di Vicenza (VI)
Tel. 0445 860613
e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org – email@example.com